The Airbus A380 is currently on a world tour and here are a few things you should know about it:
1. The Airbus A380 is a double-deck, four-engine airliner.
2. The A380-800 is the largest passenger airliner in the world.
3. The A380 made its maiden flight on 27 April 2005 from Toulouse, France, and is scheduled to begin commercial flights on 25 October 2007 with Singapore Airlines.
4. The aircraft was known as the Airbus A3XX during much of its development phase, but the nickname Super jumbo has since become associated with it.
5. The A380’s upper deck extends along the entire length of the fuselage. This allows for a cabin with 50 percent more floor space than the next largest airliner, the Boeing 747-400, and provides seating for 525 people in standard three-class configuration or up to 853 people in full economy class configuration.
Here are a few pics: